Logan’s Crock-tober Recipes
Sadie’s Sweet Chili Tacos Al Pastor
I don’t really measure things out and I use what I have available and sort of “freestyle” it in the kitchen. So have fun with this recipe and feel free to vary it to your tastes.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast or a pack of thick pork chops
- 1 bottle of beer – I like Modelo or you can use chicken stock
- 2/3 chopped peppers, I like Serrano and pablano
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored, then roughly chopped – or a can of chopped pineapple with the juice – add as much pineapple juice as you like
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chili powder – or if you have more time and like playing with spices — get crazy with salt, pepper, garam masala, cloves, brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bottle of sweet chili sauce – I prefer the Trader’s Joe’s brand but any will do
Throw all those ingredients into your crockpot and make sure the meat is covered with the liquid – add more pineapple/beer if necessary. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours, until the pork is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork. Add more spices to taste and let sit a bit longer.
-Then serve on warmed flour or corn tortillas
-optional toppings: crumbled goat cheese, (extra) diced fresh pineapple, chopped fresh cilantro leaves, chopped red onions, diced avocado, thinly-sliced radishes, guacamole
Big D’s Philly Chili – Award Winning
First and most important part – deglaze pot with olive oil!!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder1 tablespoon tomato paste1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano2 (12-ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- **Fresh lime, and Pickled jalapeño – Shhhh that’s the secret part!
Step 1 – once Olive Oil is hot, add Ground Beef and brown – 3-4 mins. Then add ingredients in order while continually stirring. Once all ingredients are incorporated into the pot you can let it stew on low heat for 4 hours.
Step 2 – remove from heat and then add the secret ingredients….trust me YUM ! – feeds 2-4ppl
CROCK Pot CRACK Chicken
- 3 pack fresh Chicken Breasts – (approximately 4 to 6 lbs)
- 1 packet – Ranch Powdered Seasoning
- Ground Black Pepper – (as much or little as you like, I would do at least a full teaspoon)
- 2 – 8oz cream cheese blocks (some substitute 1 stick butter and one 8oz block of cream cheese instead) ** BOTH WAYS TASTE AMAZING!!!
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese (your preference)
- Hamburger Buns
- **COMPLETELY OPTIONAL** Bacon bits – or Fresh Fully cooked
PLACE CROCK POT ON LOW FOR 8 HOURS (OR HIGH FOR ABOUT 4)
Place all 3 Chicken Breasts in the bottom of the Crock Pot
Then place both blocks of room temperature cream cheese directly on top of the chicken breasts.
Next sprinkle the whole packet of Ranch Powdered Seasoning over all the Ingredients.
Next sprinkle the Ground Pepper over all ingredients.
At about 7 hours on Low the chicken will shred right apart using 2 forks.
After shredding it all, add the shredded cheese, and the bacon if you choose.
Mix it all up and simmer back on Low for the last hour.
Scoop it on to your Hamburger Buns and enjoy !!!!!!
Crock Pot Lasagna the Southern Way……………….Lots of Cheese!
- 1 (16 oz) box lasagna noodles
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef cooked and drained
- 2 – 26 ounce cans or jars of spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1-2 cups additional mozzarella to top before serving optional but wonderful
In bowl, stir two cheeses together until well combined. Spoon a layer of sauce in bottom of crock pot. Add about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top.
Sprinkle small amount of ground beef over top of cheese. Top with a layer of noodles, breaking to make them fit. Be sure to alternate which way the noodles go with each layer. Top noodles with another layer of sauce.
Repeat process until all ingredients are used, ending with sauce.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. You can also cook it on high for about 2 1/2 – 3. It cuts better (prettier) if you turn off the slow cooker and let it sit for about fifteen minutes before serving.
If desired, top with another layer of mozzarella before serving
Brenda’s Green Bean Tortellini
- 1lb fresh green beans (Cut in 3rds)
- 1lb fresh Tortellini
- 1lb meatballs (Get the smaller ones, so you can get more in the crock pot)\
- 16oz can of diced stewed tomatoes
- 32oz Chicken broth
- Add your favorite seasoning (I use Italian seasoning or Mrs. Dash)
Throw everything in a 5+ quart Slow Cooker for 4hours
SUPER YUMMY 🙂
Crock Pot Olive Garden Chicken
- 4 boneless Skinless chicken Breasts Thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16oz Olive Garden Italian Dressing
8 hours on low in crockpot
Carol’s Beef Roast
- 1 Beef Roast
- 1 small bottle Italian dressing
- Salt, Pepper, Seasoning (I use McCormick Montreal)
- 1 can Campbells Buffy Mushroom or French Onion Soup
- 6 potatoes – quarter cut
- 1 Large Onion – quarter cut
- 1 bag baby carrots
Marinate Roast in Italian dressing and season, as desired, overnight. Drain off excess dressing and put in center of crockpot. Garnish potatoes, carrots & onions around roast and top with Soup, Add about a quarter can of water. Cook on medium to high until falls apart. Serve with the fresh bread of your choice. Enjoy!
Donald’s Sausage & Peppers
So, Carol’s Roast Beef is good – But my Sausage & Peppers are better!
- 2 Packs Johnsonville Sausage – I use 1 Hot & 1 Medium
- 2 Green Peppers
- 1 of each – Yellow, Orange & Red Peppers
- 2 Medium sized onions
- 2 Jars – MIDS Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce (You can only find at Publix) – MIDS is a must!
- * Optional – Hoagie Buns & 1 pack shredded Mozzarella Cheese for Sandwiches, Or a pasta to mix into the sauce after cooked.
Cut up peppers & onions into strips. Add & mix Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Sauce into Crockpot. Cook on low all day while at work, or on high for Saturday/Sunday Tailgate or Half Time Party. You can make sausage sandwiches, mix in pasta for a nice dinner or eat straight out of a bowl. However you want. Have fun with it and add to it!